My favourite pasta sauces are the simple ones with an olive oil base. Pesto is my ‘go to’ on a weeknight when I want to whip up something quick, nutritious and delicious. The core ingredients form part of my pantry staples and rosemary is in abundance year round in my herb garden. For those considering starting a herb garden I would recommend planting rosemary as it is very easy to grow and stays alive all year round. Friends tend to leave with a rosemary ‘take away’ bag when dropping in. If their timing is right …..spaghetti too!
- 300g gluten free spaghetti
- 100g walnuts
- 2 tbs chopped
- 100g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 anchovies
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- 40g parmigiana reggiano (optional)
- Combine pesto ingredients in a food processor and blitz until
pasteis formed. If you prefer a chunkier texture blitz for less time for a smoother texture blitz for longer.
- Cook pasta according to pack directions and drain reserving some pasta water. Toss pasta and pesto together in a frypan over low heat adding some ladles of starchy pasta water to loosen the mixture and create a silky sauce. Serve with extra parmigiana.