Not only does the vibrancy and glorious scarletness of this heavenly spread immediately captures everyone’s attention, but the combination of sweet and salty ingredients work beautifully together.
Beetroot is high in vitamin C, fibre and essential minerals such as potassium and magnesium. It is also known to help lower blood pressure and fight inflammation so this spread really does pack a nutritional punch. Serve with thick cut gluten free toast, crackers and veggie sticks or stirred through your favourite pasta.
- 2 large beetroot, peeled and cubed
- 100mL olive oil
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs organic honey
- 1 tbs chopped
- ½ cup activated walnuts
- Pinch of sea salt flakes
- Pinch of cracked pepper
- Steam beetroot for 15 - 20 minutes until tender.
- Combine beetroot, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, rosemary, walnuts, salt and pepper in a blender and blitz to a smooth paste. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Add 500g water to mixing bowl.
- Place beetroot into simmering basket and steam 20 min/Varoma/speed 3.
- Combine beetroot, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, rosemary, walnuts, salt and pepper in
bowland mix 10 sec/speed 5. Adjust seasoning to taste.