This pesto is quick and easy to prepare with pantry staples and it is crammed with big flavours. It’s worth planting a herb garden to ensure you always have fresh herbs on hand. Rosemary is a great start as it is very easy to grow and stays alive all year round.
Stir through your favourite pasta or serve with rice crackers and vegetable sticks for a healthy snack.
- 100g walnuts
- 2 tbs chopped rosemary
- 100g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 anchovies
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- 40g parmigiana reggiano (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or Thermomix 10 sec/speed 6.
- Blitz until a paste is formed. If you prefer a chunkier texture blitz for less time for a smoother texture blitz for longer.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.