Super quick, ridiculously easy, utterly delicious. My 3 Minute Gluten Free Yoghurt Flatbread recipe only requires a few pantry staples and in minutes you have a versatile, fluffy flatbread to scoop up dips, soups, curries and tagines. This dough does not need to rest so you can literally whip up these gluten free flatbreads in a flash.
My tips for the perfect gluten free flatbread are as follows-
- Add a whisked egg to your gluten free dough to make it more pliable. If your dough is too wet, just dust with a little extra gluten free flour.
- Roll your dough thinly between two sheets of baking paper for a lighter, crispier finish. Use your baking paper to flip the dough into the pan and then peel away the paper.
- Ensure your dry frypan is very hot prior to adding the dough so it instantly puffs and creates little air pockets.
- Cook your flatbreads in a griddle pan for a rustic finish. If you don’t own one a regular frypan will still work.
Here I’ve served my gluten free yoghurt flatbread with a delicious homemade Beetroot & Walnut Spread, perfect for your next party. The easiest and quickest gluten free bread you will ever make!
- 1 cup plain gluten free flour*
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbs plain Greek yoghurt
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- To serve
- Beetroot & Walnut Spread
- *I use Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 plain gluten free flour.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add yoghurt, oil and egg and mix with your hand until you form a pliable dough.
- Divide dough into four balls and roll each ball thinly between two sheets of baking paper. Brush dough with a little extra oil.
- Flip the dough onto a very hot griddle pan and peel away the baking paper. Cook for a few minutes on each side until golden.